ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR
The Assistive Technology Coordinator is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and is responsible for securing and providing information on AT resources, consumer AT service coordination and implementation of AT public education and outreach programs to communities interacting with the Center.
$18-$20 per hour
- Life experience with disability and knowledge of the Independent Living Movement and philosophy preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the field of community outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to network with business representatives and other social service agencies.
- Two years of college in social sciences or a related field or two years of work experience with consumers in a social services agency.
- Ability to reach, analyze, and interpret lists, reports and legal documents pertaining to programs for people with disabilities.
- Ability to effectively present information to consumers and their families, staff, and public agencies.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Strong organizational and research skills.
- Experience with Mac’s and proficiency in Office 365. Ability to case note in multiple data collection software.
- Ability to make decisions regarding the most appropriate way to respond to consumer inquiries using in-house resources and consulting AT I & R Centers.
- Demonstrated assessment skills, familiarity with community resources, and knowledge of issues of concern to people with disabilities, both locally and nationally.
- Demonstrated advocacy skills.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish, Pacific Asian Islander and/or American Sign Language) preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills needed to interact effectively and diplomatically with a variety of staff, volunteers, and members of the community.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral/written)
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Gather and organize information on a wide range of AT topics; maintain information in ready-reference format.
- Design an AT public education, design and outreach plan to reach consumers and other target populations and assure positive community image.
- Develop community contacts and serve as a liaison.
- Identify consumers in need of AT related Independent Living Services.
- Resolve AT inquiries of a general nature and make referrals to community resources and agencies when appropriate.
- Collect required demographic information from callers and maintain accurate records of services requested and provided.
- Provide workshops, support groups, and other educational forums to target populations.
- Arrange for informational exchange between Center and agencies and groups.
- Attend Community meetings, forums, and activities specifically to inform them of Center AT services and to facilitate networking.
- Complete monthly reports for all of RIL’s AT programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RIL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. RIL’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
RIL is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in RIL’s operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of RIL, including supervisors and coworkers.
RIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are encouraged to apply regardless of your race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental circumstance, sexual orientation, Veteran status or age. Please send resume to [email protected].