Job Title: Receptionist/I&R Coordinator
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Lead Youth and Information Coordinator
Location: North County Office
Salary: $19-21 per hour
Functions as the organization’s second receptionist; performs routine clerical tasks; expands and updates the information and referral database; and, provides referrals to contacts by phone, e-mail, and regular mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets and greets walk-ins visiting the center;
- Answers incoming calls and routs them to appropriate personnel;
- Compiles and maintains a broad range of referral data of relevance and interest to people with disabilities;
- Responds to inquiries for information and referral assistance;
- Completes and tracks referrals for various programs and services;
- Provides office support for staff members including copying, faxing, mail dissemination, etc.;
- Assists with scheduling interview rooms, Zoom, and requesting interpreter services as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates in a clear, timely, and respectful manner;
- Demonstrates professionalism during work activities;
- Contributes to positive, supportive workplace interactions;
- Provides consumer-driven services in alignment with Independent Living Philosophy;
- Enters service data in a timely and accurate manner;
- Follows through on assigned tasks and due dates;
- Maintains a collaborative approach and works effectively as part of a team;
- Receptive to and willing to implement constructive feedback;
- Takes responsibility for communicating issues when they arise (and addressing them when able);
- Proactively shares feedback, ideas, and suggestions for organizational growth;
- Maintains attendance, punctuality, and other performance standards as outlined in DMC’s Employee Handbook.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree from a community college or certificate from a business school;
- Two years’ experience working as an office assistant or related position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish;
- Demonstrated clerical skills;
- Familiarity with operation of standard office equipment;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Evidence of strong customer service skills;
- Working knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy and methodology;
- Applicants, who have disabilities;
- Ability to use American Sign Language.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office temperature-controlled conditions with quiet to moderate noise level and little to no exposure to heat, dust, or fumes. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position working at a desk; operate a computer and other office machinery including printer, copier, and telephone; move about inside the office to access office machinery; exchange information with coworkers and the public; and may need to lift or move up to 10 pounds.
DIVERSITY / INCLUSION:
The Dayle McIntosh Center is committed to maintaining a culture of diversity and inclusion and seeks to be representative of the communities we serve, including minorities and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. DMC welcomes the unique contributions that employees bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. DMC does not and will not discriminate on the basis of these or any protected category in any of its activities or operations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
By signing below, I am acknowledging that I am able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodations. I have received a copy of this job description. I understand that I am to become familiar with my job description’s contents. Further, I understand that signing this document does not constitute a contract of employment with DMC.
|Executive Director Signature:||Date:|
|Human Resources Signature:||Date:|