Ability Tools (AT) Program Assistant Manager (CFILC) Posted on September 14, 2022
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Ability Tools (AT) Program Assistant Manager (CFILC)
Salary: $25.50 - $31.50 hourly, depending on experience. This is a regular non-exempt full-time position. CFILC has a generous benefit program and pays 100% of all medical, dental, and life insurance for their employees.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the AT Program Manager, the AT Program Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in developing and coordinating the implementation of AT Act activities to Ability Tools and AT partner programs. There will be travel within the state of California and out of state. We have a hybrid work setting.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) is a statewide disability organization that administers programs and serves as a membership association that connects California’s Independent Living Network.
The mission of CFILC is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of Independent Living Centers (ILCs).
• Participates and contributes to annual Ability Tools Deliverable implementation plan
• Gathers information and contributes to Ability Tools quarterly and annual reports
• Collaborates with team to provide technical assistance and extensive support to outside organizations
• Assists with special project planning, development, management, task assignment, team coordination, and implementation through AT funding, partnerships, and carryforward funds. (Ability Tools Annual Earth Day Conference, Accessible gaming, collaborating with AAA’s and private orgs/cos)
• Writes Video Newsletter scripts and coordinates with talent/videographer/editor to execute
• Provides technical assistance and oversight to Reuse Center contractors, staffs the Reuse Coalition (CATRC), provide training, technical assistance and expansion opportunities to DOC, Reuse Centers & CATRC.
• Runs the Keep the Wheels Rolling Fund – review and approve applications, created and update tracking sheet, manage process with org staff, review and approve submitted materials,
• Assists in creation of, edits and promotes materials posted to Ability Tools website, Tip sheets, Where it’s AT blog, newsletters, video newsletters, and social media platforms
• Maintains and works to increase AT vendor relationships
• Develops new partnerships to expand the AT Network
• Provides regular progress reports at Ability Tools team meetings.
• Participates in activities and events, representing Ability Tools in the community.
• Trained to work as backup to I&A Specialist to support Hunt Groups fielding incoming consumer/agency calls
• Work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
• Travel as needed throughout California
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with three (3) or more years of professional level experience within the broad field of Independent Living Center (ILC) services, public health, human services, special education, health coaching, rehabilitation services, or assistive technology, INCLUDING one (1) year or more in a program serving people with disabilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
* Necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment
• Knowledge of assistive technology devices, accessible documents
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Teams and Zoom
• Knowledge of supportive decision-making processes
• Knowledge of concepts and philosophy of independent living and consumer empowerment
• Knowledge of distance learning and adult learning theory
• Initiate projects and work with minimal supervision
• Prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines
• Possess excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills
• Communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities
• Comfortable giving presentations and public speaking
• Experience with diverse, intersectional, marginalized and/or underserved communities
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Personal experience with disability
This is a mixed remote/onsite position based out of Sacramento. The onsite office environment is mostly quiet but can get noisy at times.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
CFILC has adjusted to a virtual work environment and will have a mixed hybrid working environment moving forward. A laptop and necessary equipment for access will be provided to the candidate hired for this position. Please note that maintaining a physical workspace suitable for virtual work, including securing and maintaining an Internet connection off-site, is the responsibility of the candidate. As necessary, a small Internet and cell phone stipend is provided for employees working in virtual environments.
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: AT Assistant Manager
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Ability Tools (AT) Program Assistant Manager (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT & PH State Leadership Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT State Level Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Statewide Community Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 12, 2022 Executive Director (RIL) Sacramento, California. Posted August 26, 2022 Community Health Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Return to Jobs page