Accounting Clerk/Generalist (RSI) Posted on May 14, 2022
Rolling Start, Inc.
Position Summary for Accounting Clerk/Generalist (RSI)
Hours: Part Time Position/Contract Position
Location: San Bernardino
Description: The Clerk/Generalist supports day-to-day accounting operations Responsibilities also include proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions and those reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), adhere to grants management standards. Additionally, the accounting clerk will process bi-monthly payroll utilizing ADP software, including benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, and other related functions. This is a part time position (25 hour/week; $15 per hour).
About Rolling Start, Inc.
Rolling Start, Inc., Center for Independent Living (RSI) is a 501 c (3) not- for-profit organization that provides advocacy and services to people with all types of disabilities. The mission of RSI is to educate and empower people with disabilities to achieve the independent life of their choice. We have been serving San Bernardino, Mono and Inyo County for 44 years.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records;
- Accounts Payable including: purchase orders and vendor records maintenance;
- Input all grants and other donations
Bank reconciliations for depository accounts;
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed;
- General ledger maintenance;
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll in ADP, process PARS and Time reports;
- Maintain required business documents;
- Maintain financial document retention files;
- New vendor setup and maintenance;
- Vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies;
- Deposit and cash reports.
- 2 or more years’ experience executing all competencies of accounting, a bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Experience with a non-profit with fund accounting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with
- QuickBooks, Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detailed environment with minimal supervision.
- Disability Sensitivity and Etiquette;
- Knowledge of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Work Incentives Act, and IDEA preferred.
- Experience with State and Federal Grant Administration and developing grant budgets.
Office environment, all indoors, noise level is low to moderate.
Rolling Start, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veterans, people with disabilities and older adults encouraged to apply. Alternate formats available upon request.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Statewide Community Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted June 24, 2022 Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted June 23, 2022 Bookkeeper (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted June 20, 2022 Community Engagement Program Manager (CIL) Berkeley, CA Posted May 28, 2022 Accounting Clerk/Generalist (RSI) San Bernardino Posted May 14, 2022 Benefits Coordinator (RSI) San Bernardino Posted May 14, 2022 Return to Jobs page