Community Outreach Specialist (RICV) Posted on November 6, 2021
Resources for Independence Central Valley (RICV)
Position Summary for Community Outreach Specialist (RICV)
Salary: Full-time non-exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, sick leave, vacation leave, and 37.5 hours/work week.
Location: Fresno, CA
Description: The individual in this position will be responsible for providing education and awareness through outreach to the community about RICV programs and services with particular focus on reaching people with disabilities and older adults or those who serve them. Activities will include frequent in-person or virtual presentations to community and civic groups, organizations, businesses, neighborhood associations, and other opportunities to reach the target population. This will also include attending resource fairs and other events to increase awareness. This position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs.
About Resources for Independence Central Valley (RICV)
· Coordinate participation and attendance at community outreaches/events where RICV should have a presence.
· Input and track community activities and data accurately and on a timely basis.
· Assist with website and social media presence and content when needed.
· Work in collaboration with RICV management team and Development Coordinator to ensure all RICV programs and opportunities are included in outreach efforts.
· Assist with planning and promotion of RICV workshops and trainings individually or in partnership with RICV staff.
· Work with Development Coordinator to expand networks and collaborative partners
· Assist in monitoring of RICV data collection processes and generation of reports.
· Develop new relationships within the community
· Develop and maintain list of RICV Partners and Relationships
· Take the lead in assembling and mailing outreach materials, including newsletters and other packages to consumers
· At least two years of college; course work in marketing, public relations, human services, or a related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
· Previous Knowledge or motivation to learn of The Independent Living movement and philosophy.
· Personal experience with a disability preferred.
· Strong communication, team building, organizational, time-management, people skills and creativity skills.
· Experience and a high comfort level with speaking in front of groups.
· Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite of products
· Power Point
· Skilled in use of Google Suite of products
· Google Calendar
· Google Drive
· Familiarity with Zoom
· Willingness to learn new skills.
· Ability to travel throughout the RICV catchment area of Merced, Madera, Fresno Kings and Tulare. The selected candidate must have a valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
RICV is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of our community. Persons with disabilities, women, and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position may work outside of the typical work hours. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is a must. Includes possibility of temporary increased hours during distinct grant cycles.
Paid time off
We have staff working a staggered schedule in the Fresno Office. Much of this job will be done remotely or at event locations.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit Indeed.com
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Manager (RIL) Sacramento, CA Posted November 9, 2021 Community Outreach Specialist (RICV) Fresno, CA Posted November 6, 2021 Community Work Incentive Coordinator (DRAIL) Stockton, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Independent Living Specialist/Assistive Technology Advocate - 2 positions (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Full Time (DRAIL) Modesto, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Part Time (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Executive Director (CIL) Berkeley, CA Posted October 28, 2021 Strategic Planning and Implementation Project Manager (MADI) Marin County Posted October 20, 2021 Administrative Manager (ILRC) Santa Barbara, CA Posted October 20, 2021 Community Organizer or Senior Community Organizer (DRC) Sacramento, Oakland, San Diego, Los Angeles, or Work from Home Posted October 9, 2021 Return to Jobs page