Administrative Manager (ILRC) Posted on October 20, 2021
Independent Living Resource Center, Inc
Santa Barbara, CA
About Independent Living Resource Center, Inc
The Independent Living Resource Center (ILRC) is a disability focused non-profit providing services and advocacy to those experiencing all disabilities, of all ages, and all income levels. Our mission is to promote independent living and full access for individuals with disabilities through advocacy, education and action in our communities. The organization has been based in Santa Barbara since it opened in 1976 and serves the Central Coast Counties of; Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo. Services are provided by utilizing a team approach where the consumer is an active member in their goal attainment. Services provided by the organization include; Housing, Personal Assistance, Interpreting, Peer Support, Assistive Technology, Youth Transition, Older Individuals who are Blind Program, Advocacy, and Emergency Preparedness. ILRC is actively engaged in all of our counties.
· Assist Executive & Program Directors, as requested, on all projects.
· Maintain ILRC office inventory list and ensure its accuracy with annual audits of equipment.
· Run office errands for administrative staff when requested including travel to site offices.
· Prepare monthly Board packets, secure Board Secretary's signature for the previous months board minutes and email the packets to all members. Attend monthly board meetings; take meeting minutes and complete board minutes.
· Compile all PDABTAC reports sent by staff onto one report form and fax by the 5th of every month.
· Compile all City, County and local funding reports each quarter.
· Prepare and deliver the banking deposits every Friday.
· Execute the mailing of Account Payable checks.
· Execute the mailing of Account Receivable billings.
· Handle IT issues with site office staff as needed.
· Order all office supplies.
· Enter all donations into donor database (Z2 Systems). Send donor thank you letters out after deposit is complete.
· Update and order all staff business cards, brochures, etc.
· Assist the Executive Director and Bookkeeper with tasks to prepare for the fiscal year end audit. Assist the auditor by providing support services such as making copies, retrieving documents and any other tasks that are requested
· Create Annual Report, donor solicitations and holiday card.
· Promote harmonious working relationships with all other ILRC staff and participate fully as a member of a working team.
· Conduct all agency related business in a professional/ethical manner.
Interpreter Coordination Tasks:
· Recruit for, maintain and update the Interpreter Registry.
· Assist as necessary with the payment of Interpreters and collections as necessary.
· Organizes and coordinates interpretation for the office staff’s interpreting needs.
· Manage Interpreting Service Agreements and purchase orders for all ILRC vendors regarding interpretation services.
· Facilitate with Fluency to secure services of registry members for interpreting tasks in the community your unable to provide. Process and schedule interpreter requests.
Human Resource Tasks:
· Manage employee timesheets and make sure all have accurate allocations and are signed and filed each month.
· Complete bi-weekly employee pay sheet and provide it to bookkeeper. Ensure vacation and sick time leave accounts are current and accurate. Update on staff timesheet monthly.
· Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
· Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
· Work with staff and their direct supervisors to get annual performance evaluations set up and completed. Oversee staff hire/eval calendar to ensure reviews happen as required.
· Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
· Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Develop with other administrative staff the training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
· Request all employee DMV printouts, auto insurance records and background checks and ensure they are always current.
Stress Level: Moderate
Required Education and Experience
Type and Key minimum of 45 WPM
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word & Excel and Adobe
Experience with data entry
Have a car, valid drivers license and auto insurance
Ethical work practices, positive team-oriented, flexible & respectful
Utilize effective communication and organizational skills
Experience with MAC computers
Degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute
Bilingual in Spanish and/or ASL
Knowledge or have personnel experience with a disability or disability issues.
1-2, years experience in a similar position
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Wear masks in common areas, temperature checks, air filter in each private office and in common spaces, etc.
Application Question(s): Able to report to work in our Santa Barbara office (this is not a remote or telework position)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Human resources management: 2 years (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the job posting on Indeed.com
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Manager (RIL) Sacramento, CA Posted November 9, 2021 Community Outreach Specialist (RICV) Fresno, CA Posted November 6, 2021 Community Work Incentive Coordinator (DRAIL) Stockton, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Independent Living Specialist/Assistive Technology Advocate - 2 positions (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Full Time (DRAIL) Modesto, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Emergency Preparedness Specialist Part Time (DRAIL) Sonora, CA Posted October 30, 2021 Executive Director (CIL) Berkeley, CA Posted October 28, 2021 Strategic Planning and Implementation Project Manager (MADI) Marin County Posted October 20, 2021 Administrative Manager (ILRC) Santa Barbara, CA Posted October 20, 2021 Community Organizer or Senior Community Organizer (DRC) Sacramento, Oakland, San Diego, Los Angeles, or Work from Home Posted October 9, 2021 Return to Jobs page