Program Coordinator (CFILC) Posted on June 23, 2022
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Program Coordinator (CFILC)
Status: This is a regular non-exempt full-time position with outstanding non-profit benefits.
Salary: $21.75 – 24.60 hourly rate, depending on knowledge and experience.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Program Manager or Program Assistant Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting CFILC’s programs. This position requires a friendly individual with clear and outstanding customer service skills over the phone, in remote environments and in-person. Outstanding writing, reporting and attention to details skills required. Applicants must be familiar with Independent Living Philosophy, disability culture, assistive technology and unmet needs of individuals with disabilities. This position may include travel within California.
Must be able to work remotely and in Sacramento based office when necessary.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) is a statewide disability organization that administers programs and serves as a membership association that connects California’s Independent Living Network.
The mission of CFILC is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of Independent Living Centers (ILCs).
• Assist with program logistics and coordination of activities;
• Provide information, referrals and assistance to individuals contact us for disability related support;
• Gather and organize information on a wide range of topics as well as maintain information in ready-reference format;
• Ability to navigate and utilize a computer, software and applications in order to archive virtual meetings, events and provide support to individuals in this area;
• Maintain accurate customer records and utilize online databases to track services;
• Prepare daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports including information pertaining to the I&R statistics;
• Provide third-party application assistance to individuals interested in affordable internet offers;
• Organize and manage organization and program Zoom accounts;
• Provide support in creating and tracking Zingle text based campaigns;
• Track and verify low-cost internet subscriptions and collect required supporting documentation for the Digital Access Project (DAP);
• Provide in-person and remote customer service and technical assistance;
• Assist with targeted outreach activities and presentations to increase the awareness of and access of programs and services;
• Ability to moderate, facilitate and archive webinar trainings, presentations and meetings;
• Ability to take direction, execute tasks and meet deadlines;
• Provide and assist in maintaining website and social media content;
• Track program inventory and distribute equipment to eligible customers;
• Write articles for program blogs, newsletters, websites and external media;
• Detail orientated and experienced in using project management software;
• Execute other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree AND two year social service or human service work experience OR three years of cross-disability organization work experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Possess high-level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Planner, Word);
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Outstanding team player and customer service skills;
• Ability to initiate projects and work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with others and independently as needed;
• Experienced in using Zoom and other virtual event platforms;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Professional facilitation skills that can be utilized virtually and in-person for trainings, meetings and/or events;
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills;
• Strong research and writing skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to work in a collaborative virtual office environment with multicultural, disability diverse, intergenerational staff;
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality;
• Available to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
• Ability to travel throughout the state;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation and maintain throughout employment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/American Sign Language;
• Identifies as a disabled person;
• Personal experience with disabilities;
• Familiarity with disability rights.
We have adjusted to a virtual work environment and will have a mixed working environment moving forward. A computer and the necessary resources will be provided to the candidate hired for this position. Please note that a virtual work space equipment is the responsibility of the candidate. A small internet and cell phone stipend is provided for virtual work employees, as needed.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject Line Title: Program Coordinator
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Ability Tools (AT) Program Assistant Manager (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT & PH State Leadership Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Ability Tools AT State Level Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 14, 2022 Statewide Community Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 12, 2022 Executive Director (RIL) Sacramento, California. Posted August 26, 2022 Community Health Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) Coordinator (CID) San Mateo, CA Posted August 26, 2022 Return to Jobs page