Digital Literacy Specialist (ICS) Posted on August 17, 2021
Integrated Community Services
Position Summary for Digital Literacy Specialist (ICS)
Status: Full Time
Hours: Schedule is flexible between 7am–6pm, Monday-Friday. This job will begin as fully remote, then become a hybrid of remote and in-person work once the ICS office reopens in San Rafael.
Salary: $23-25/hour with benefits
Location: San Rafael
Description: Over the past year, as so many activities have become remote, people who don’t have access to technology or who have low digital literacy have struggled to participate in their community. We are looking for a digital literacy curriculum developer and trainer who can patiently guide our clients and staff as they improve their technology skills and gain access to their job, education and community. To improve our internal digital processes, the specialist will also support the management team in updating our existing forms and data collection methods, then training staff on how to complete the new forms.
About Integrated Community Services
Integrated Community Services (ICS) partners with people with any type of disability on their path to independence, from building a career, to securing stable housing to learning crucial life skills.
Training regarding general digital literacy:
● Design and implement an extensive digital literacy training curriculum that will be appropriate for a wide range of needs and skills levels.
● Ensure that all curriculum and training is accessible for people with disabilities.
● Research and connect clients to resources in Marin, such as low-cost internet.
● Adapt trainings to be in person, on Zoom, 1:1 and group sessions.
● Examples of training topics include how to save a file, how to use Zoom, how to use Microsoft Word, basic computer literacy and how to navigate websites safely.
● Develop and conduct a survey to identify training needs for both clients and staff.
● Partner with other organizations to pool resources and strengthen training. Share materials and hold trainings with clients and staff from these organizations.
● Research and attend trainings on accessibility, including plain language, closed captioning, assistive technology, language translation, etc.
Training specific to ICS:
● With supervisors, redesign Word, PDF, Google forms and train staff to use them.
● Support the management team to improve data collection in Salesforce.
● Provide 1:1 or group support to staff who need training on devices, forms, etc.
● Conduct periodic assessment of staff and client digital training needs.
Required Education and Experience
● Experience designing curriculum
● Familiar with accessible training, training for different learning styles and needs
● Proficiency in Apple and Windows devices, MS Office, Zoom and Google Suite
● Experience using Salesforce preferred
● Background check will be conducted
● Willingness to become CPR and first aid certified
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
● Mission-aligned: promotes diversity, excited to work with people with disabilities
● Adaptable: Open to work a flexible schedule and assignments
● Responsive: a proactive communicator who promptly answers calls and emails
● Ownership: takes responsibility for their actions, open to constructive feedback
● Self-managed: stays on top of assignments, appointments and calendar
● Compassionate: approaches all situations with openness, positivity and curiosity
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
● Benefits paid by ICS total approximately $1,800/month for full-time employees
● CaliforniaChoice health insurance,100% paid for by employer (able to add spouse or family member, paid for by employee)
● Unum dental insurance, 100% paid for by employer (able to add spouse or family member, paid for by employee)
● Unum Life Insurance policy 100%, paid for by employer
● Expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
● Paid sick days, paid holidays, vacation PTO accrual, paid bereavement leave
● Two additional days of PTO/personal days each year
● 401k and FSA plan enrollment, plus Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://www.connectics.org/careers
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Coordinator (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 24, 2021 Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 24, 2021 Statewide Youth Organizer (CFILC) Sacramento, CA Posted September 3, 2021 Digital Literacy Specialist (ICS) San Rafael Posted August 17, 2021 OIB Coordinator (ILRC) Based in Santa Barbara Posted August 14, 2021 OIB Advocate (ILRC) Based in Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo Posted August 14, 2021 Return to Jobs page