Operations Manager Posted on April 29, 2021
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Operations Manager
Status: This is a regular non-exempt full-time position with outstanding non-profit benefits.
Salary: $27.00 - $34.00 hourly, depending on experience.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Operations Manager function is to assist executive leadership, manage the day-to-day operations of the organization. They shall also direct in-office and virtual office logistics, personnel trainings, assist with human resources, manage inventory systems, responsible for meeting minutes, assists with membership activities, as well as, grants, contracts, projects, and special events.
Must be able to work remotely and in office when necessary.
This is a grant funding position contingent upon continued funding.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.
• Manages the communications infrastructure, inventory systems, office and staff supplies, coordinates with executive leadership, maintains, updates and creates personnel forms, organizational documents, policies and procedures.
• Serves as the staff liaison and note taker to the following CFILC committees and workgroups: Public Policy, Aging & Disability Resource Connection, Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Membership Committee, Disability Disaster Strategies, Conference, and special event workgroups.
• Collaborates and assists the executive staff, management, accounting staff, and Finance Committee to develop and administer monthly, quarterly and annual operating budget.
• Coordinates and purchases travel for all staff and as requested for consultants, contractors, and other VIPs.
• Track and prepare mailing and shipping requests (USPS, UPS, FedEx);
• Order and maintain program and administrative supplies.
• Assists with membership activities, including member communications and retention.
• Track and update membership bylaws and committee meeting minutes.
• Lead the development of the annual Membership Packet.
• Develop and maintain Board of Directors, committee contact lists, listservs and letterhead.
• Assist with event registration and providing reasonable accommodations, as needed.
Conferences, Board Meeting, and Special Events:
• Coordinates all logistics for CFILC Board Meetings, Trainings, and special events.
• Assists program staff with conferences and special events.
• Recruits and secures vendors and contractors.
• Ability to develop contracts for special events.
Grants & Projects:
• Develop and assist with contract management and work in coordination with program staff to ensure deliverables are completed.
• Collaborates with Deputy Director in managing grants and reports.
• Assists in the development of all grant proposals and project budgets.
• Tracks and leads grant and program report timelines and assists in compiling reports for funders.
• Provides logistic reports to staff and board on special events, programs, and projects.
• Complies registration logistics for all programs required for reporting.
Execute other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of three – five years in either a paid logistics or senior level administrative support position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
• Ability to effectively train and provide technical assistance to people with and without disabilities;
• Experience in working with multi-marginalized, diverse, and intersectional communities;
• Must be comfortable speaking publicly, presenting, and proactively engaging at meetings;
• Ability to work individually and with a team of colleagues internally and externally;
• Must be able to assist and support staff in meeting their program reporting requirements;
• Must possess high-level computer word processing as well as other computer communication application and software skills;
• Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities that do not always agree;
• Excellent writing skills including the ability to write professional letters, create contracts, develop fact sheets, action alerts, collect and organize report materials and translate its content/data into clear and accessible formats
• Knowledge of concepts and philosophy of independent living, history of disability rights, community-based services and programs, consumer empowerment, and self-determination;
• Must have personal or professional experience with disability;
• Ability to travel as needed throughout California and occasionally out of state;
• Ability to setup necessary transportation and access it when needed to perform job duties.
• Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese;
• American Sign Language;
• Familiarity with disability rights;
• Personal experience in dealing with multi-marginalized issues;
• Personal experience with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject Line Title: Operations Manager
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
We have adjusted to a virtual work environment and will have a mixed working environment moving forward. A computer and the necessary resources will be provided to the candidate hired for this position. Please note that a virtual work space equipment is the responsibility of the candidate. A small internet and cell phone stipend is provided for virtual work employees, as needed.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Bookkeeper Sacramento, CA Posted April 30, 2021 Statewide Youth Organizer Sacramento, CA Posted April 30, 2021 Disability Disaster Manager Sacramento, CA Posted April 29, 2021 Operations Manager Sacramento, CA Posted April 29, 2021 Return to Jobs page