ILC-Housing Search Coordinator Posted on March 23, 2021
Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
Position Summary for ILC-Housing Search Coordinator
Hours: Full-Time, 35 hours per week.
Location: Hayward, California
Description: This position supports consumers in acquiring the independent living skills needed to maximize each consumer's full potential. This position teaches people with disabilities and seniors with functional limitations how to search and find housing. The ILC Coordinator prepares and maintains mandatory progress notes on all active and current consumers.
About Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
CRIL advocates and provides resources for people with disabilities to improve lives and make communities fully accessible.
Supervised by: Program Director
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Have responsibility for the following workshops:
a. Weekly Hayward Housing Search Workshop
b. Monthly Fremont Housing Search Workshop
2. Counsel consumers and share information about subsidized, affordable housing including Section 8: Housing Choice, Project Based and Main Stream Vouchers.
3. Counsel consumers about tenant rights, landlord relations and the process of search for housing in both non-emergency and emergency housing situations. Works closely with Eden Council for Hope and Opportunity (ECHO).
4. Maintain and update resources of available emergency, temporary and permanent housing that is barrier free for persons with disabilities in Southern and Eastern Alameda County.
5. Support consumer efforts and advocate in situations where assistance is needed.
6. Network and coordinate with housing agencies, landlords, home owners, and government bodies to increase awareness and encourage development of new housing resources and improve the quality of existing housing resources.
7. Stay updated on current and changing housing regulations that effect accessibility and rights of housing consumers including Section 504 and ADA regulations.
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Travel required throughout Southern and Eastern Alameda County.
2. Must have reliable transportation to get to and from various locations in a timely fashion.
3. Complete and accurately maintain consumer records and statistics on time.
4. Ability to manage own work load and juggle multiple tasks in a self-directed manner.
5. Attend meetings, workshops, trainings and represent the interests of CRIL in a professional manner to improve the quality of services and/or information.
6. Ability to exercise professional conduct in all facets of work.
7. Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with other CRIL staff to insure that consumer service needs are being met. Consult with and cross-train other CRIL IL Coordinators in area of specific duties.
Required Education and Experience
1. Experience working with consumers with various disabilities, including but not limited to, cognitive, hearing, mental/emotional, physical and/or vision disabilities.
2. Good oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrate ability to teach and model the independent living philosophy with consumers and to incorporate it into everyday job performance.
4. Effective time management skills.
5. Ability to exercise professional conduct in all facets of work.
6. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
7. Advanced basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and CIL Suite database entry) developed.
8. Must be comfortable speaking in front of small and mid-size groups about housing.
9. Must be comfortable working with a diverse people from different ethnic and racial backgrounds.
How to Apply
For more information, visit: https://www.crilhayward.org/careers
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Michael Galvan at Michael.Galvan@crilhayward.org.
CRIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:ILC-Housing Search Coordinator Hayward, California Posted March 23, 2021 Return to Jobs page