Program Director Posted on April 28, 2020
Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
Position Summary for Program Director
Location: Hayward, CA
Description: This person is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and acts as the second in command when the Executive Director is out of the agency.
About Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
CRIL advocates and provides resources for people with disabilities to improve the quality of life and make communities fully accessible.
1. Supervise Program Staff including: holding monthly team meetings, directing staff in team implementation, conducting timely performance evaluations, holding individual meetings with staff as needed, quarterly review of consumer files, monthly review of stats submitted, discipline, grievances and termination procedures as outlined in the CRIL Employee Handbook and Consumer Rights and Responsibilities packet.
2. Through regular meetings with staff, ensure that consumers' needs are being tracked and met through services or through referral.
3. Provide positive role modeling to staff, including modeling good conflict resolution skills with staff, consumers, and volunteers.
4. Monitor compliance of grants and ensure that reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
5. Coordinate the hiring of staff to the programs supervised by this position.
6. Responsible for administrative functions that include monitoring time sheets, sick and vacation leave schedules, supply and check requests, etc.
7. Attend Management Team meetings and maintain regular and effective communication between branch offices and Hayward staff. This will include relaying information on internal job postings, faxes, meetings, staff training, etc.
8. Develop outreach and advocacy strategies that educate the community about CRIL, Independent Living Philosophy, and abilities of persons with disabilities and availability of services.
9. Assist with Program Development and incorporating it into funding proposals.
10. In cooperation with the Executive Director, create activities for resource development; such as special events, foundation grants, and other grant proposals.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Social Service or related field - or equivalent experience.
2. Experience with Resource Development, both human and financial.
3. Experience with supervising staff.
4. Ability to represent CRIL in a manner consistent with CRIL's vision, IL Philosophy, and positive image of persons with disabilities.
5. Ability to express oneself effectively in writing and produce written materials that accurately capture CRIL's vision and the independent living philosophy.
6. Ability to balance multiple tasks, meet goals, and work well under pressure.
7. Ability to conceptualize CRIL's direction and role in the community and how the various parts fit into this overall direction.
8. Implement agency systems, programs, advocacy strategies, etc.
9. Ability to work as team member with the Executive Director and other administrative staff.
10. Familiarity with CILSuite, Windows 10 and the Microsoft Office Suite.
11. Life experience with or knowledge of disabilities and independent living philosophy a plus.
12. Ability to coordinate activities with diverse input in a manner that encourages teamwork.
13. Supervisory experience with diverse groups of people.
14. Have reliable transportation to travel throughout Alameda County.
CRIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Confidential Application Process: E-mail cover letter summarizing interest, qualifications/experience and a current resume or c.v. (Word document only), with "CRIL Program Director Search" in the subject field. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Note: final candidate must provide a recent credit report and background check. Please note: Though candidates from out of state are encouraged to apply, there are NO funds available for relocation or housing assistance.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Return to Jobs page