Deputy Director Posted on February 26, 2020
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Deputy Director
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000 /yr. DOE. + Excellent non-profit benefits.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Deputy Director oversees day-to-day program activities, manages and supervising personnel, grant and contract deliverables. The Deputy Director develops and implements program strategies, maintains organizational partnerships, builds program and staff capacity. Prepares and presents timely and accurate reports and analysis on program performance, effectiveness and sustainability. Leads and facilitates meetings, tracks and monitors program budgets, has proficient computer skills, human resources knowledge, extensive experience in grant writing and understanding of Independent Living Philosophy.
This position requires excellent communication skills, strong strategic thinking, experienced in program development, and outstanding leadership skills.
Occasional travel within the state of California and outside of the state is required. This regular exempt, full-time position is based in Sacramento, California. Telecommuting is not an option.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) is a statewide disability organization that administers programs and serves as a membership association that connects California's Independent Living Network.
The mission of CFILC is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of Independent Living Centers (ILCs).
• Executes and implements program strategies to ensure the success of current and future programs;
• Understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy, self-determination and independent living;
• Maintains sustainable opportunities to develop mission-aligned services that address unmet needs in the disability community;
• Collaborates with Finance Director to prepare budgets and forecasts;
• Develops and maintains communication with government agencies, funders, community partners, coalitions and Board members;
• Operates efficient and effective programs that work collaboratively with one another to fulfill and add to the organizations mission;
• Manage, develop and write requests for applications and subcontracts;
• Work in collaboration with the management team to write grants and contracts;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and project management software;
• Supervise in a team environment to ensure program activities are performed;
• Work in partnership with CFILC Management Team to monitor all organizational expenditures and ensure that funds are expended as planned;
• Assist Executive Director in promoting Independent Living Centers and CFILC programs to build diversified funding opportunities;
• Review and ensure reporting requirements are met as set forth by our funders;
• Lead and coordinate program and project deliverables with appropriate personnel;
• Organizes and leads monthly program meetings and provide backup support for staff who lead program, project and/or coalition meetings;
• Provide program/project reports and analysis to the Executive Director and management team;
• Ability to promote excellent performance in self and others within the organization;
• Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, creatively and know when to obtain support from the Executive Director;
• Knowledge of state and federal public policy systems;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret public policy documents, policy analyses program descriptions and regulations regarding issues and services for people with disabilities;
• Demonstrates attention to detail;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of three years in a deputy or associate director role OR ten years of effective management experience in a disability organization.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Experience in initiating programs, projects and setting up structure with minimal direction and supervision;
• Excellent organizational skills with an extreme attention to detail;
• Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate and multitask;
• Comfortable and experienced in providing various verbal and written reports;
• Ability to organize and prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
• Experience in communicating effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Must be able to work under stress, maintain confidentiality and be a role model for others;
• Willingness to step in for the Executive Director as requested;
• Availability to work flexible hours on occasion, including some evenings and weekends;
• Possess high-level computer and software skills;
• Ability to research, write reports and meet deadlines; and
• Ability to arrange and maintain necessary transportation throughout employment;
• Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese;
• American Sign Language
• Personal experience with a disabilities;
WORK (OFFICE) ENVIRONMENT:
The noise level of the office is low to medium and work is in an office environment and mostly indoors.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Deputy Director
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Director Hayward, CA Posted April 28, 2020 Return to Jobs page