Executive Director Posted on April 25, 2019
Disability Resources Agency for Independent Living (DRAIL)
Position Summary for Executive Director
Hours: Full Time
Salary: $70,00-$90,000 DOE
Location: Modesto, CA
Description: DRAIL seeks a visionary leader and competent manager to lead the organization and its highly committed, dedicated staff. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the consistent achievement of the organization's mission and financial as well as program objectives.
About Disability Resources Agency for Independent Living (DRAIL)
The Disability Resources Agency for Independent Living (DRAIL) is a part of the network of Independent Living Centers nationwide whose goal is to be the vital link between persons with disabilities and the community. DRAIL has offices located in Modesto, Murphy?s, Merced, Stockton, and Sonora. It is a non-profit corporation that is community based, consumer controlled, center for independent living.
(DRAIL) is dedicated to increasing the independence of individuals with disabilities through resources, advocacy and services.
Our agency works to engage the disability community in jointly addressing the barriers that keep them from integrating back into the community or remaining in the community as an active and engaged participant.
• Providing vision and leadership to long-term strategic planning for the organization.
• Management of the long-term and daily financial health of the organization, including fund development.
• Communicating effectively for the organization and its mission.
• Advocating for public policies and community values and practices that support the rights of people with disabilities and the independent living movement.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum five years as senior manager in IL organization (preferred) or related social justice organization; experience providing services for people with disabilities
Ideal candidate will have strong management and leadership experience, particularly:
1. Minimum five years as senior manager in IL organization (preferred) or related social justice organization; experience providing services for people with disabilities
2. Well-versed in health care systems/insurance coverage and whole person care
3. Knowledgeable of policies that impact DRAIL consumers and of policymaking cycles; comfortable working with policy makers
4. Experience working with and supporting a Board of Directors
5. Strong planning skills
6. Personal experience with disability
7. Experienced contracts manager
8. Demonstrated success in pursuing, securing and managing public funds and contracts
9. Demonstrated success in securing private contributions
10. Successful in building relationships with individual donors, volunteers and other supporters
11. Excellent supervisory skills and staff team builder; welcoming, flexible, dependable and reliable
1. BA in Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration or related field or four (4) years? experience in upper management at a community -based program.
2. Five (5) years? experience in fiscal management and program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Three (3) years? experience in grant writing, fundraising, administration and personnel supervision
4. Three (3) years? experience working in a multi-cultural setting (ethnic and disability diversity).
5. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
DRAIL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Mark Galvan at Mark@drail.org.
Due to the number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Open until filled. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Assistive Technology Coordinator Sacramento, CA Posted May 28, 2019 Program Manager I Oakland, CA Posted May 28, 2019 Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Financing, Literacy & Reuse) Sacramento, CA Posted May 2, 2019 AT Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition) Sacramento, CA Posted May 1, 2019 Return to Jobs page