Assistive Technology Assistant Job Posting Posted on December 24, 2018
Resources for Independent Living
Position Summary for Assistive Technology Assistant Job Posting
Hours: 10 hours/week
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under supervision of the Program Manager, assist with maintaining;
Inventorying, identifying, updating, researching, recovering, organizing and returning in good order to lending library all AT devices and equipment.
Provide information and referrals as appropriate.
Serve the cross-disability community in Sacramento County.
Provide outreach and public education regarding AT resources and the benefits of AT to the independence of persons with disabilities.
Research, gather and organize information on a wide range of AT topics.
Assists consumers locate and apply for benefits programs and resources to fund their AT equipment.
Train clients on the use of AT devices and equipment.
About Resources for Independent Living
The mission of RIL is to promote the socio-economic independence of persons with disabilities by providing peer-supported, consumer-directed independent living services and advocacy. The focus of RIL is that freedom to make choices and the ability to live safely in the community are basic rights all people have, regardless of disability or age.
• Provide information and referral (I & R) on AT topics, devices and services and respond to inquiries of a general nature, make referrals and educate clients on community resources.
• Collect required demographic information from callers and clients. Maintain accurate, complete and up to date statistics and records of equipment, devices and services requested and provided.
• Under supervision of the AT Coordinator, assist with maintaining, inventorying, identifying, updating, researching, recovering, organizing and returning in good order to lending library, all AT devices and equipment and processing applications for loan of AT devices and equipment and managing the loans thereafter.
• Assist clients locate and apply for benefits programs and resources to fund their AT equipment.
• Maintain absolute client confidentiality absent a release or written waiver from the client. Show the ability to comprehend confidentiality issues and maintain the confidentiality within RIL standards. .
• Conduct agency business in a professional manner with respect for clients' rights and maintain strict adherence to the independent living philosophy.
• Coordinate services with Independent Living Specialist and Program Manager to assist consumers in addressing issues and achieving goals.
• Assist with consumer training and workshops that promote the principles of independent living and self-advocacy, including the facilitation of public forums related to the services provided.
• Assist with the conduct of outreach activities, including activities to reach underserved populations in Sacramento and Yolo Counties.
• Utilize agency website and agency Facebook page, media/social media, information fairs and community events for outreach and education.
• Follow-up with clients on effectiveness and status of loaned AT devices and equipment. Solicit consumer evaluations of services provided.
• Promote harmonious and collaborative working relationships; participate fully as member of working team.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED. At least 6 months experience in social services, technology, independent living or AT services, preferably working with people with disabilities.
1. Aptitude for mechanical and electronic devices and equipment, technology, computers and software.
2. Possess general knowledge of programs and services available to persons with disabilities.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and interact patiently, respectfully and effectively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds and differing abilities.
4. Demonstrate proficient level of computer literacy in word processing (Word), Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet research, database management, spreadsheet development (Excel), and the possess the ability to learn new programs.
5. Experience using electronic communications including, but not limited to, the Internet, e-mail, texting, Facebook and fax.
6. Desire to discover and become familiar with technology.
7. Ability to present information in a clear and articulate, logical and organized manner.
1. Personal experience with a disability.
2. Bilingual in English/ASL; English/Spanish
3. Familiarity with Independent Living (IL) philosophy and history, IL's core values and resources, programs and services available for persons with disabilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RIL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. RIL's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
RIL is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in RIL's operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of RIL, including supervisors and coworkers.
RIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are encouraged to apply regardless of your race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental circumstance, sexual orientation, Veteran status or age.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two professional references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Executive Director Salinas, CA Posted March 4, 2019 Return to Jobs page