Ability Tools Program Coordinator Posted on December 19, 2014
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
Position Summary for Ability Tools Program Coordinator
Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $31,000 - $34,000 annually
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for staffing the Ability Tools toll-free line and responding to email inquiries. The Program Coordinator updates the AT Services Directory and Ability Tools website content. In addition, this position coordinates the FreedomTech and AT Loan Guarantee Programs. Occasional travel within the state of California. This non-exempt, full-time position is based in Sacramento, CA. Telecommuting is not an option. Salary range: $31,000 – $34,000 annually depending on experience. This position is open until filled.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers
Ability Tools is a project that promotes the use of assistive technology throughout the state of California. Assistive Technology (AT) devices help people with disabilities perform activities of daily living that may otherwise be difficult or impossible to perform. Examples of AT include: ramps, canes, reaching tools, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices, screen reading software and modified vehicles.
- Provide information and referral (I&R) to individuals who call the Ability Tools toll-free telephone numbers (voice and TTY) or send email inquiries;
- Update the AT Services Directory and Ability Tools website content;
- Follow up on I&R inquiries to assess service and outcomes;
- Maintain accurate records of I&R calls;
- Update the Ability Tools website on a regular basis using content management software;
- Provide content for the Ability Tools website and AT blog, including writing AT-related articles;
- Make Device Lending Library borrower satisfaction calls;
- Update and confirm records in the AT Services Directory;
- Maintain the waiting list for the California AT Loan Guarantee Program until a lender is secured;
- Coordinate the FreedomTech Loan Program, including processing applications accurately and within established deadlines;
- Disseminate outreach and advocacy materials at disability conferences and events across California;
- Special projects as assigned;
- Prepare reports as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR two years of work experience in a disability-serving organization OR two years working in the assistive technology field;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to respond appropriately to inquiries from consumers and their families, service providers and the general public;
- Ability to communicate with angry, upset or demanding consumers in a professional manner;
- Ability to determine caller needs and direct calls to the appropriate resources;
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
- Possess excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills;
- Possess high-level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to research and write reports;
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Experience doing Internet research;
- Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish;
- General knowledge of assistive technology resources, devices and their applications;
- Experience working with people with disabilities;
- Experience providing I&R services;
- Financial experience;
- Customer service experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Please title the email subject line: Program Coordinator
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Executive Director Los Angeles, CA Posted June 18, 2018 Return to Jobs page