Accounting Clerk/Receptionist Posted on February 18, 2020
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Accounting Clerk/Receptionist
Salary: $17.50 - $23.25/hr. DOE. + Excellent non-profit benefits.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Accounting Director, the Accounting Clerk/Receptionist is responsible for various bookkeeping and office functions such as answering the CFILC main phone lines, opening and organizing mail, assisting employees with mailing and shipping; providing backup support to the Office & Logistics Manager, sorting invoices, assuring management review and signatures on accounting documents, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits and providing support to new hires. This position may include rare travel within California. It is a regular non-exempt, full-time position based in Sacramento, California. Telecommuting is not an option.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) is a statewide disability organization that administers programs and serves as a membership association that connects California's Independent Living Network.
The mission of CFILC is to increase access and equal opportunity for people with disabilities by building the capacity of Independent Living Centers (ILCs).
• Bookkeeping includes recording and depositing incoming cash, checks, credit cards and online payments. Recording, tracking and invoicing customers, members, sponsorship, donors and registration;
• Accounts payable will include obtaining approval from department managers for invoices, recording vendor invoices to correct grants and program while using specific accounting software;
• Track, record & post monthly employee credit card expenses statements and reconciliations;
• Accounts receivable includes tracking and organizing online credit card transitions by grant and program, registrations, donations and membership dues;
• Maintain confidentiality of files, listen and take instruction from supervisor and members of the management team;
• Provide assistance in preparing for audits;
• Track, record and keep updated reports on volunteer hours and stipends provided by program and grant;
• Reconcile program timecards hours to payroll service processing system;
• Work individually and as a part of a group to provide support and assistance to accounting team; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide professional and caring voice when answering CFILC phone lines;
• Assist callers as much as possible and provide warm hand offs to organizational partners when needed;
• Cooperate and support members of the administrative and accounting team;
• Maintain respectful communication skills at all times within the organization and externally while on scheduled work time; and
• Provide backup support to Office and Logistics Manager.
• Track and record office supply needs for Office and Logistics Manger;
• Provide filing, copying, shipping, mailing and other general office support to CFILC staff and volunteers;
• Maintain USPS, UPS and FedEx accounts; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Two years of experience in bookkeeping that includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger. One year of college level course in bookkeeping/accounting maybe considered suitable in place of two years of on the job experience.
• Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite skills;
• Experience in using accounting terms, principles and accounting software;
• Ability to take direction and initiate work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines; and
• Ability to work with a team and independently.
• Bilingual English/Spanish;
• American Sign Language
• Personal experience with a disability;
WORK (OFFICE) ENVIRONMENT:
The noise level of the office is low to medium and work is in an office environment and mostly indoors.
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Accounting Clerk/Receptionist
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Community Organizer Sacramento Posted March 6, 2020 Deputy Director Sacramento, CA Posted February 26, 2020 Accounting Clerk/Receptionist Sacramento, CA Posted February 18, 2020 Communications & Marketing Director Sacramento, CA Posted February 18, 2020 Independent Living Specialist Sacramento Posted February 5, 2020 Return to Jobs page