Aging & Disability Resource Connection Navigator Posted on August 20, 2019
Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL)
Position Summary for Aging & Disability Resource Connection Navigator
Status: Full time
Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm. 35hrs/week
Salary: $50,000 plus benefits (medical, dental & vision)
Location: Marin County
Description: Under the direction of the leadership team of the Marin Center for Independent Living, the essential duties & responsibilities of the ADRC Navigator will be:
• Takes a person-centered approach in assessing consumer needs to create short-term service plans, including Independent Living Plan (ILP) development and/or goals.
• Provides information, assistance, benefit analysis (CalFresh, Social Security and General Assistance), and counseling to consumers as needed to evaluate services that may be available.
• Assist consumers as needed with the core services of independent living (information and assistance, individual and systems change advocacy, peer support, independent living skills training, housing, appropriate follow up (e.g. tracking benefit changes, referral to outside resources) to ensure service needs/goals are met.
• Trains and supports consumers in self advocacy skills and efforts with a goal of independent self-advocacy and self-sufficiency.
• Responds to consumers, other service providers and/or community partners by answering and/or returning phone calls promptly and/or by following up with consumers in writing as needed
• Maintains complete, organized, confidential consumer records including timely client database input, well documented case notes and follows established procedures related to inactivating consumer files.
• Travels efficiently and independently throughout Marin (as determined by physical location), including to consumer's homes, to assess and/or facilitate consumer access to programs and services.
• Works independently, within the scope of the position, to coordinate consumer access to Aging & Disability Resource Connection services offered by Marin Center for Independent Living and Aging and Adult Services as well as other extended partners.
• Initiates and conducts outreach activities to consumers, other service providers and the community to educate and promote ADRC services and CalFress enrollment as well as to develop community relationships which result in resources
• Learns about resources and services available to older adults and persons with disabilities or functional limitations in order to effectively support short-term service coordination needs of consumers.
• Documents and/or collects, on a routine basis, goals and outcomes successfully achieved by consumers for use in promotional materials and/or federal/state reports.
• Participates in partnerships inside and outside the organization which promote and support the ADRC, CalFresh and Health Care Integration.
• Supports the mission and philosophy of Marin Center for Independent Living and Aging and Adult Services.
• Participates in the generation of all necessary reports for submission to the appropriate agency by the report deadline.
• Clerical/administrative work as needed to respond to consumers, maintain consumer files and records and support office operations including answering phones and typing on computer.
• Participation in ADRC system advocacy and service development, CalFresh outreach and enrollment activities, health care, resource education, etc. and communicate key issues to other members of the team.
• Deeply embedded in our mission and values is the concept of peer mentoring and peer role model. We believe lived experience as persons with disabilities, and /or family members of people with disabilities makes us better advocates and service providers. We strive to empower our clients to achieve their goals and our service model operates under this framework. This makes us unique in the social service and healthcare sectors.
• Other duties as assigned.
About Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL)
The Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL) has a proud 40 year history serving people with disabilities across their lifespan in Marin County. MCIL's approach is person-centered and goal driven. We strive to create a community where people will be safe in their home, healthier, more independent and engaged in their communities.
Required Education and Experience
• 2-4 years related professional experience.
• Experience working with people with disabilities and/or older adults, preferably in an Independent Living Center or aging and adult services organization.
• Bachelors degree in social services work or related field and/or some combination of college and social services work in a related field.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Latinx, bi-cultural and bi-lingual capacity preferred.
• Skill with general office procedures (e.g. filing, collating, typing, answering phones).
• Skill in using Microsoft Office applications in a PC environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (e.g. copy, fax, phone, computers).
• Ability to understand and implement the organization's policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand and implement IL philosophy.
• Ability to advocate for people with disabilities and train others in self-advocacy.
• Ability to promote and clearly explain the services that Marin Center for Independent Living offers to consumers, other businesses and organizations in the community.
• Ability to effectively manage conflicts and resolve conflicts successfully.
• Ability to define problems, collect/analyze data, establish facts, and draw
reasonable conclusions and solutions in accordance with established organization policies and procedures.
• Ability to take and/or follow direction, exercise initiative, ingenuity and sound judgment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and confidential information.
• Interacts with all levels of employees, consumers and/or outside agencies on a daily basis.
• Must possess the ability to interact effectively (influence, exchange and communicate information so it is understood) with consumers, employees at all levels of the organization as well as those outside the organization and provide appropriate communication to the target audience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Susan Malardino, Deputy Director (email@example.com).
This job listing is available in alternate formats upon request.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Attendant Referral Specialist Sacramento Posted November 12, 2019 Return to Jobs page