AT Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition) Posted on May 1, 2019
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for AT Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition)
Salary: $19.00 - 23.50 /hr with benefits DOE
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Program Director, the AT Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition) is responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of the public awareness events, presentations, trainings, and technical assistance to the Ability Tools and AT partner programs including but not limited to the Digital Access Project, Freedom Tech, Voice Options, and YO! Disabled and Proud programs. There will be travel within the state of California and out of state. This non-exempt, regular full-time position based in Sacramento, CA. Telecommuting is not an option.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
About the Program
Ability Tools is California's Assistive Technology Act Program. The Ability Tools program is implemented by the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) through funding from the federal AT Act and the Department of Rehabilitation. Ability Tools is dedicated to expanding, increasing and connecting people with disabilities of all ages, their families and professionals to assistive technology through public awareness, training, device lending, demonstrations, reuse, financial literacy and technical assistance.
AT Project Coordination:
• In collaboration with CFILC's Program Director, ensure AT project deliverables are completed thoroughly and within established deadlines;
• Track AT programs and project progress;
• Organizes CFILC AT Program trainings (in-person & virtual), and facilitates meetings;
• Responsible for facilitating and archiving meeting materials online;
• Build and maintain relationships via regular communication with participating organizations, AT advocates, and AT subcontractors.
AT Public Awareness & Program Coordination:
• In collaboration with CFILC's Program Director, develop trainings and provide technical assistance for AT advocates, AT subcontractors, and participating organizations;
• Lead and moderate monthly AT advocate meetings and trainings;
• Monitor AT listserv and events;
• Recruit and coordinate AT advocates, YO! volunteers and other AT partners to assist at Public Awareness events.
• Develop language for AT program & project webpage;
• Regularly promote AT programs & projects by making announcements via social media, listservs and other communication channels;
• Connect and build partnerships with referral organizations;
• Provide technical assistance to AT advocates, AT subcontractors, and participating organizations as needed.
• Collect required AT reports from organizational participants;
• Monitor AT advocates and AT subcontractors' activities in NATADS;
• Complete required reports within established deadlines.
Facilitation and Training:
• Schedule, organize and implement trainings on Assistive Technology and other AT related program information;
• Work with content experts to develop required trainings;
• Provide technical assistance to all presenters so they follow accessibility and CFILC Guidelines for Presenters.
Coordination and Logistics:
• Attend AT advisory committee group meetings and provide assistance as requested;
• Coordinate activities and communication between the AT Advocates, AT subcontractors, and general public;
• Support with AT purchases and ship equipment for public awareness events;
• Coordinate and track public awareness events.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with three (3) or more years of professional level experience within the broad field of Independent Living Center (ILC) services, public health, human services, special education, health coaching, rehabilitation services, or assistive technology, INCLUDING one (1) year or more in a program serving people with disabilities; OR
• Five (5) or more years of professional level experience in the broad field of ILC services, public health, human services, special education, health coaching, rehabilitation services, or assistive technology, INCLUDING one (1) year or more in a program serving people with disabilities.
• Knowledge of assistive technology devices, accessible documents;
• Knowledge of supportive decision-making processes;
• Knowledge of concepts and philosophy of independent living and consumer empowerment;
• Knowledge of distance learning and adult learning theory;
• Ability to create accessible documents using Microsoft and Adobe software;
• Ability to initiate projects and work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Possess excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Comfortable giving presentations and public speaking;
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
• Experience working with underserved communities.
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• American Sign Language
• Personal experience with disability
The noise level of the office working condition is low to medium and work is mostly?indoors.
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject Line Title: AT Programs & Project Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition)
NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES WILL BE ACCEPTED
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Financing, Literacy & Reuse) Sacramento, CA Posted May 2, 2019 AT Program & Projects Coordinator (AT Access & Acquisition) Sacramento, CA Posted May 1, 2019 Executive Director Modesto, CA Posted April 25, 2019 Return to Jobs page