Executive Director Posted on March 4, 2019
Central Coast Center for Independent Living (CCCIL)
Position Summary for Executive Director
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Location: Salinas, CA
Description: CCCIL seeks a visionary leader and competent manager to lead the organization and its highly committed, dedicated staff. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the consistent achievement of the organization's mission and financial and programmatic objectives.
About Central Coast Center for Independent Living (CCCIL)
CCCIL, a pioneering and highly-successful nonprofit organization, was established in 1984 with the purposes of improving the lives of individuals with disabilities in the tri-county area (Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito.) CCCIL serves all ages and disabilities by providing independent living services and service coordination. Our agency works to engage the disability community in jointly addressing the barriers that keep them from integrating back into the community or remaining in the community as an active and engaged participant.
• Providing vision and leadership to long-term strategic planning for the organization.
• Management of the long-term and daily financial health of the organization, including fund dev elopement.
• Communicating effectively for the organization and its mission.
• Advocating for public policies and community values and practices that support the rights of people with disabilities and the independent living movement.
Ideal candidate will have strong management and leadership experience, particularly:
1. Personal experience with disability
2. Minimum five years as senior manager in IL organization (preferred) or related social justice organization; experience providing services for people with disabilities
3. Well-versed in health care systems/insurance coverage and whole person care
4. Knowledgeable of policies that impact CCCIL's consumers and of policymaking cycles; comfortable working with policy makers
5. Experience working with and supporting a Board of Directors
6. Strong planning skills
7. Experienced contracts manager
8. Demonstrated success in pursuing, securing and managing public funds and contracts
9. Demonstrated success in securing private contributions
10. Successful in building relationships with individual donors, volunteers and other supporters
11. Excellent supervisory skills and staff team builder; welcoming, flexible, dependable and reliable
1. BA in Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration or related field or four (4) years' experience in upper management at a community -based program.
2. Five (5) years' experience in fiscal management and program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Three (3) years' experience in grant writing, fundraising, administration and personnel supervision
4. Three (3) years' experience working in a multi-cultural setting (ethnic and disability diversity).
5. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Due to the number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Closing Date: Open until filled. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
CCCIL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Judith Cabrera, Controller at
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Executive Director Orange County Posted August 29, 2019 Aging & Disability Resource Connection Navigator Marin County Posted August 20, 2019 Executive Director Sacramento County Posted August 5, 2019 Return to Jobs page