Program Director Posted on November 17, 2018
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Program Director
Salary: $57,000 to $67,000 D.O.E.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for the oversight of multiple CFILC programs and the supervision of personnel. The Program Director works in collaboration across all programs to promote and increase services for people with disabilities, allies, families, and professionals.
This position is responsible for the growth and development of CFILC programs and services. Using a strong sense of disability history and culture, the Program Director will infuse Independent Living Philosophy into program design and delivery. This position is responsible for preparing program reports and external communications.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Work with the CFILC Management Team to track and monitor program expenditures while ensuring that funds are expended as planned and program deliverables are met;
• Supervise, support, motivate, and evaluate multiple employees in a an environment that thrives in meeting deadlines, prioritizing program goals, and building program capacity;
• Ensure that all program requirements are met as set forth by current and future funders;
• Coordinate and prepare program reports for CFILC's board of directors and program funders on regularly scheduled timeframes;
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify and respond to funding opportunities that are in alignment with the growth of CFILC programs;
• Assist in fund development activities including but not limited to: request for proposal applications, scoring systems, evaluation, distribution, etc.;
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with peers, colleagues and allies;
• Provide technical assistance and training to staff and colleagues;
• Coordinate, assist in planning, and facilitate trainings internally and externally;
• Participate in internal and external meetings representing and speaking on behalf of CFILC;
• Prepare and monitor budgets for assigned programs;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree AND a minimum of two years successful program management experience in a disability-related area OR a combination of seven years experience in a disability service position and project management, including supervision;
• Must have experience working with people with disabilities, preferably experience that includes reasonable accommodations, independent living philosophy, self-determination, and disability rights;
• Must have a strong record of supervisory experience, including hiring, supporting, motivating, evaluating, and terminating personnel;
• Knowledge and experience of the disability community, disability culture, accessible communications, assistive technologies, and disability related resource networks;
• Experience providing reasonable accommodations to staff with a variety of disabilities;
• Ability and experience in development and delivery of training curriculums in a cross-disability learning environment;
• Strong leadership and meeting facilitation skills;
• Successful track record of grant writing for federal, state, and foundation funding;
• Must possess high level computer skills, including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite;
Must be organized and self-directed;
• Possess excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
• Ability to collaborate, work as part of a team, and build relationships;
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines, solve problems, identify appropriate alternatives, and ask for support when needed;
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish;
• Personal disability experience;
• Experience in the area of assistive technology;
• Experience with community organizing and advocacy strategies;
• Experience facilitating and archiving webinar trainings;
• Experience providing independent living services.
How to Apply
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Program Director
This position is opened until filled.
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Assistive Technology Coordinator Sacramento, CA Posted May 28, 2019 Program Manager I Oakland, CA Posted May 28, 2019 Return to Jobs page