Information & Advocacy Specialist Posted on November 7, 2018
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Information & Advocacy Specialist
Hours: Full-Time 32-40Hrs/week. Occasional evening and weekend events.
Salary: $15.75 - $18.50/Hr DOE
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Information & Advocacy Specialist is responsible for implementing CFILC's Ability Tools and Digital Access Project. This position requires a friendly individual with clear and outstanding customer service skills both over the phone and in-person. There is occasional travel within the state of California. This position is based in Sacramento, California. Telecommuting is not an option.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
• Provide Information and Referrals (I&R) to individuals who call or email the Digital Access Project (DAP) and Ability Tools (AT) programs;
• Gather and organize information on a wide range of AT and DAP topics as well as maintain information in ready-reference format;
• Maintain accurate customer records and I&R inquires through online databases;
• Prepare daily and monthly reports including information pertaining to the I&R statistics;
• Provide third-party application assistance to individuals interested in affordable internet offers;
• Track and verify internet subscriptions and collect required supporting documentation;
• Provide in-person and remote customer service and technical assistance;
• Assist with targeted outreach activities and presentations to increase the awareness of and access to AT and DAP;
• Assist in moderating webinar trainings;
• Provide and maintain content for the DAP and AT websites;
• Track program inventory and distribute to eligible customers;
• Write articles for CFILC program blogs, newsletters and websites;
• Complete required reports within established deadlines;
• Execute other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of an Associates Degree AND one year customer service work experience OR three years of customer service experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Possess high-level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to initiate projects and work with minimal supervision;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Strong customer service skills;
• Ability to facilitate webinar and in-person trainings or meetings effectively;
• Ability to give public presentations;
• Ability to research and write reports;
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to work in a collaborative office environment with multicultural, disability diverse, intergenerational staff;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
• Ability to travel throughout the state;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment.
• Bilingual English/Spanish;
• Experience working with people with disabilities;
• Knowledge of concepts and philosophy of independent living and consumer empowerment.
The noise level of the office working condition is low to medium and work is mostly indoors.
How to Apply
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Information & Advocacy Specialist
This position is opened until filled.
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Executive Director Salinas, CA Posted March 4, 2019 Return to Jobs page