Program Coordinator Posted on November 20, 2018
California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Position Summary for Program Coordinator
Status: Non-Exempt with benefits
Salary: $18.00 - 22.00 /hr DOE
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: CFILC is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator who is looking to use his/her multimedia and communication skills to create accessible environments. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator provides information and technology access at meetings, trainings and events. This position is responsible for moderating online activities through various platforms including webinars and social media. . The Program Coordinator archives materials, publishes and works to build relationships to increase the capacity of AT professionals, Independent Living Centers and the disability community. This position requires travel throughout California and occasionally out of state. Program reports and other written communication skills are necessary.
About California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
CFILC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. CFILC provides reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Please notify us if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process.
About the Program
Ability Tools is California's Assistive Technology Act Program. The Ability Tools program is implemented by the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC) through funding from the federal AT Act and the Department of Rehabilitation. Ability Tools is dedicated to expanding, increasing and connecting people with disabilities of all ages, their families and professionals to assistive technology through public awareness, training, device lending, demonstrations, reuse, financial literacy and technical assistance.
• Experience in using multimedia tools;
• Ability to moderate and archive meetings, trainings and events;
• Provide technical assistance to presenters and participants both in-person and through online platforms;
• Effective communication skills;
• Ability to follow and take direction from others;
• Assist in organizing and scheduling trainings;
• Provide orientation and guidelines to presenters on webinar platform;
• Assist in maintaining online outreach and training calendar;
• Oversee training logistics for teleconferencing, web conferencing and in-person trainings;
• Update AT Advocates contact information on Ability Tools website;
• Ability to archive, publish and share webinar trainings;
• Provide backup support at AT Advocate meetings;
• Create accessible training materials as needed;
• Organize and save electronic versions of training materials on websites and the CFILC computer server;
• Provide content for CFILC websites and Blogs, including writing related articles;
• Complete required reports and other activities within established deadlines;
• Ability to use an understand content management software;
• Maintain CFILC YouTube program channels, including uploading archived trainings within established deadlines;
• Provide technical assistance during program orientations;
• Assist in increasing organizational and program reach through websites, social media and one-on-one opportunities;
• Ability to support and expand financial empowerment program;
• Ability to analyze and provide information to others;
• Ability to travel as needed throughout California;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree and/or two - three years experience in information access and assistive technology field.
• The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal support;
• Experience with diverse, intersectional and marginalized communities;
• Must possess high-level multimedia, computer, word processing and online skills;
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and communities;
• Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
• Ability to initiate projects and work both independently and with a team;
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and handle multiple deadlines;
• Possess excellent listening, writing and verbal communication skills;
• Comfortable giving presentations and public speaking;
• Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
• Knowledge of information access and assistive technology;
• Ability to travel as needed throughout California and occasionally out of state;
• Ability to arrange necessary transportation must be maintained throughout employment.
Personal experience with a disability;
Familiar with Independent Living Philosophy;
Experience working with people with disabilities;
Familiarity with disability rights issues.
The noise level of the office working condition is medium - high with travel mostly within the State of California.
Moderate - High
How to Apply
Applicants must email a cover letter and resume to:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line Title: Program Coordinator
NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES WILL BE ACCEPTED
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Outreach/Volunteer/Youth Coordinator Eureeka, CA Posted January 11, 2019 Office Manager Eureeka, CA Posted January 11, 2019 Information and Referral Specialist Sacramento, CA Posted December 24, 2018 Assistive Technology Assistant Job Posting Sacramento, CA Posted December 24, 2018 Return to Jobs page