Clerical Support/I&R Coordinator Posted on September 27, 2017
Dayle McIntosh Disability Resource Center (DMC)
North Orange County, CA
Position Summary for Clerical Support/I&R Coordinator
Location: North Orange County, CA
Description: Supervises the agency volunteer program, collects current information on a variety of topics of interest to consumers, develops, maintains and updates reference system, provides referrals by phone, e-mail, and regular mail, conducts intakes, outreach and peer group activities on behalf of the agency.
About Dayle McIntosh Disability Resource Center (DMC)
The Dayle McIntosh Center (DMC) is an Orange County-based organization that partners with people with disabilities to address immediate needs and achieve independence. The center has been a community resource for 40 years. DMC works with people without regard for age, race, income, or type of disability. Most of the staff and governing board consist of individuals, who have disabilities themselves and have met the challenge of becoming self-sufficient.
The center is named in memory of Dayle McIntosh, who worked tirelessly to lay the foundation for an independent living center in Orange County. Ms. McIntosh had a congenital disability that significantly limited her physical capacity. She fully managed her own life including obtaining a college education and employment. Regretfully, Ms. McIntosh died at the age of 26, shortly before the center opened. The fierce independence that Dayle McIntosh displayed exemplifies the philosophy and spirit of the center that is part of her legacy.
• Meets and greets walk-in consumers and others visiting the center;
• Answers incoming calls and routs them to appropriate personnel;
• Provides office support for staff members including copying, faxing, mail dissemination, etc.;
• Compiles and maintains a broad range of referral data of relevance and interest to people with disabilities.
• Responds to inquiries for information and referral assistance;
• Responsible for ordering and tracking on-hand supplies;
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
Associate degree from a community college or certificate from a business school; Two years' experience working as an office assistant or related position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated clerical skills; familiarity with operation of standard office equipment; ability to multi-task; evidence of people skills; working knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy and methodology; ability to perform job functions in a manner that demonstrates flexibility, consistency and professionalism; demonstrated capacity to cope with mental and emotional stress relevant to the position and the work environment; evidence of compliance with attendance policies;valid California Driver's License or state identification card; car insurance, (if applicable); and reliable mode of transportation.
• Takes initiative to ensure successful results;
• Works cooperatively with others;
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing;
• Focuses on solutions rather than problems;
• Understands and supports consumer-directed services;
• Respects the opinions of others;
• Represents the agency in a professional manner;
• Upholds the principles of the organization;
• Exhibits a commitment to professional growth.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Normal office temperature controlled conditions with quiet to moderate noise level and little to no exposure to heat, dust and flumes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Robynn Yolar, DMC HR Consultant, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, at email@example.com.
Only qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Return to Jobs page