IL Coordinator - Assistive Technology / Device Lending Library (DLL) Posted on July 14, 2017
Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
Position Summary for IL Coordinator - Assistive Technology / Device Lending Library (DLL)
Location: Hayward, CA
Description: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Assistive Technology/Device Lending Library (DLL) Coordinator will coordinate, develop, and direct Assistive Technology planning, assistance and one-to-one services within the required geographic area. The Assistive Technology Coordinator is responsible for the Device Lending Library.
Assistive Technology Coordination and Outreach:
Assistive Technology coordination requires an in-depth understanding of the current status of the person being served and may include the provision of peer support, development of long term support that may be needed to ensure success, and provision of periodic follow-up services to ensure that information, analysis, and guidance are updated as new conditions arise.
About Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
CRIL advocates and provides resources for people with disabilities to improve the quality of life and make communities fully accessible.
1. Provide Assistive Technology counseling to consumers. The Assistive Technology Coordinator will provide planning and assistance to persons with disabilities (and their families) who have identified Assistive Technology needs.
2. Develop and coordinate consumer training and workshops that promote the principles of independent living and self-advocacy, including facilitating public forums relating to services provided.
3. Conduct home visits and/or home and work site Assistive Technology, ergonomic and accessibility assessments; make recommendations or referrals within scope of training.
4. Conduct outreach efforts to persons with disabilities by attending community fairs and giving presentations.
5. Work with Federal, State and private agencies and nonprofit organizations that serve persons with disabilities.
6. Meet with other Assistive Technology providers for coordination of services and training.
7. Model skills and advocate for the rights, equal treatment, and appropriate policies that effect persons with disabilities.
8. Provide Assistive Technology loans per established contract standards to qualified individuals through the Assistive Technology Network Device Lending Library (DLL) program.
9. Must have reliable transportation to travel to various outreaches and meetings. Also must have transportation that can accommodate various sizes of Assistive Technology devices.
10. Physically able to lift at least 20 pounds.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or relevant field or two (2) years experience in rehab technology or assistive technology and certificated training.
1. Ability to successfully relate to and communicate with people with disabilities, their families, other organizations, agencies, volunteers, and consumers.
2. Knowledge of programs and services available to persons with disabilities, with emphasis on Assistive Technology.
3. Ability to be creative, using sound judgment in workload coordination and technical matters.
4. Ability to determine consumer needs and direct referrals to the appropriate resources.
5. Strong writing skills appropriate to progress notes, grant reporting, and appeals documents. Maintain loan data base for the DDL program.
6. Strong understanding of computer skills, internet research capability, operation of standard office machinery, TTY and smart phone aps.
7. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
8. Ability to occasionally cope with high levels of stress.
9. Self-motivated with good verbal, written, and organizational skills. Must be able to write clear letters and reports, and gather statistics.
10. Must be able to travel throughout CRIL's service area and outside the area to other parts of the state.
1. Post graduate education and/or professional certification in Assistive Technology, Rehabilitative Engineering or related field.
2. Knowledge and experience with Assistive Technology software programs, such as Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil, JAWS, ZoomText, etc.
3. Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese is preferred.
CRIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Qualified applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
IL Coordinator - Assistive Technology/Device Lending Library(DLL) email@example.com
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Director Sacramento, CA Posted July 14, 2017 IL Coordinator - Assistive Technology / Device Lending Library (DLL) Hayward, CA Posted July 14, 2017 Director of Programs San Jose, CA Posted June 22, 2017 Independent Living Generalist San Mateo, CA Posted June 14, 2017 Program Manager San Mateo, CA Posted June 14, 2017 Return to Jobs page