Education Liaison - Case Manager (Temporary) Posted on February 13, 2017
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Position Summary for Education Liaison - Case Manager (Temporary)
Salary: $20.00 - $28.00 / hr
Location: Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Description: Under direction from the WorkAbility III Counselor/Coordinator, the Education Liaison connects with Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) clients who are students with disabilities attending a campus within the LRCCD and are enrolled in a CTE or other approved program.
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 75,000 plus students are enrolled in our four colleges and outreach centers.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
• Refers DOR clients/students to DSPS counselors for evaluation of units and ISEPS, as needed.
• Provides case management support by working with students to develop job seeking skills including career exploration, career search, creating an employee portfolio and developing the skills needed to obtain and retain gainful employment.
• Refers students to the WorkAbility III Counselor/Coordinator for assessment, job development and placement.
• Collaborates with the WorkAbility III counselor/Coordinator and other college staff and employment entities in a supportive case management approach to DOR and college goal completion.
• Maintains student progress reports and performs related work as required.
Required Education and Experience
• Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units).
• Two years of work experience in career planning, job development/placement or student personnel services preferably in an educational or community college setting OR two years of experience in employment development at a community based organization.
• Experience working with students or adults with disabilities preferred.
Please visit the online job posting to learn more or to apply online. https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/3703
How to Apply
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position. [Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here] [Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here]
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Return to Jobs page