Executive Director Posted on January 25, 2017
The Arc California
Position Summary for Executive Director
Location: Sacramento, CA
Description: The Executive Director serves as the head and most visible advocate of the state’s largest and oldest membership association representing people with I/DD, their families, and their service providers. Since 1950 The Arc California has fought to develop and maintain a robust quality service system for people with I/DD (e.g. Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, and similar disabilities) so that they might have the services and supports necessary to participate in all facets of society. The Arc California organizes its work to address a variety of topics such as Criminal Justice,Children & Families, Health, Housing, In Home Support Services (IHSS), Mental Health (MH), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Special Education, Work, and other general developmental services issues. The Executive Director oversees the development and implementation of The Arc California’s operational and policy strategic plan and serves as its chief fundraiser. Specifically, s/he is responsible for financial management and reporting, fundraising, program development and implementation, public policy and advocacy, managing staff and board development, and communications.
About The Arc California
The Arc California is state’s oldest and largest membership association representing people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), their families, and their service providers. The Arc California is a state chapter of The Arc US and is one of 700 chapters in this national network.
• Provide leadership and vision to this statewide organization and its partners.
• Represent and promote The Arc California to policy makers, opinion leaders, funders, the media and all other stakeholders.
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement organizational strategic plans.
• Identify opportunities for collaboration with the Lanterman Coalition and other organizations.
• Expand and maintain The Arc California media presence in print, visual, radio, social media, and other internet spaces.
Fund Development and Finance Management
• Develop an annual budget and adopt controls to stay within budget.
• Oversee accounts payable and receivable, monthly financial reconciliations, tracking expenses to grants, etcetera.
Sustain and grow the organization’s funding base as the chief fundraiser
• Identify opportunities for funding and contracts.
• Develop relationships with funders.
• Oversee Board’s Development Committee.
• Author grant proposals.
• Finalize progress reports.
• Oversee dues-paying membership.
• Maintain close contact with the CEOs/executive directors of the chapters of The Arc California and the affiliates of United Cerebral Palsy in California.
• Support and participate in the activities of the California Conference of Executives of The Arc (CCE).
• Participate and provide leadership in State Executive Directors Group of The Arc US.
• Participate in leadership and professional training provided by the National Conference of Executives of The Arc,The Arc of the United States, and CCE,as directed by the board of directors.
• Maintain ongoing organizational documentation of activities, opportunities, results, and any other information critical to success of The Arc California network of advocates.
• Recruit, hire, train, support, evaluate, and supervise staff, consultants and volunteers.
Physical Requirements: Some national and state travel, otherwise normal professional requirements.
Accepting applications through January 13, 2017 (or until filled). Tentative date for interviews January 26 and/or 27, 2017.
EOE. Minorities and persons with disabilities encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Submit electronically, cover letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, and salary requirements to:
Search Committee c/o
Interim Executive Director
The Arc California
More Employment Opportunities in the CFILC Network:Program Director Sacramento, CA Posted November 8, 2017 Executive Director Sacramento, CA Posted November 2, 2017 Clerical Support/I&R Coordinator North Orange County, CA Posted September 27, 2017 Return to Jobs page